Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Tabloid!!!!!!

      I am fully aware that reading a tabloid magazine is the same a watching The Jerry Springer Show. But when I received that tabloid in the mail as a surprise from my sister, damn, I was so excited! For one thing, I have run out of English books to read. All I have are English teaching books and supplies, you can only read those so many times. They are definitely not made for fun, I usually don't even use them for classes.
     Now, however, now I have a tabloid! So it's full of erroneous baloney, but it's in English. Plus, truly, can you deny that it's not on some deep, disturbing, dark, level, entertaining AND funny. Come on, admit it. I could give you a very strong argument as to why you really aren't so different even if you have never touched one of these mags or watched Jerry. The truth is, it's really not important. I honestly don't care.
     I have trouble admitting some things about myself (to myself). The reason for that, well I might actually have to do something about it, like work on improving myself, or accepting it about myself. Ewww. Sadly, it is not only hard for me to lie to others but I can't lie to myself either. Damn shame. But in this particular case, the tabloid (which will remain nameless) enjoying....I have absolutely no hesitation in saying to myself or the rest of the world, "hello, I enjoy these immensely!!!"  
     My real intent with this post was to show how much a little thing can do. I must say it has taken a turn, and lost the plot a bit. I'll just leave you with this: if the world really did have to deal with: nasty psychics, half-baked medical information, a current day generation of witches that talk to their ancestor witch gods and can't get a meeting with important people to save the planet as we know it, ancient earth forms (several types) that all scare the scientists, animal psychics, etc. all in one week or month or what-have-you... all I can say is CRAP- nice knowing you!

    Well, I suggest you go out and buy one once a year and get a good laugh, if you don't want to contribute to their profit, I'm sure you can find one on the subway or on a bench somewhere. Just food for thought.

kimbersfrog

No comments:

Post a Comment