Saturday, July 23, 2011

Like clumps of wet sand in socks......

                  We all age. It's true. People can get all the surgery they want, wear all the make-up they want, do whatever it is they think will keep them looking young, but they will still age. Everyone will still know they are aging.
                  I personally am quite excited about it. For one, each birthday, means I lived another year! In my book, that's a bonus. Second, I am truly hoping that I end up with completely white hair. I figure I can wear age inappropriate hair-dos, and become the weird old lady on the block. Okay so that's not really much different, but it's better than just weird lady!!! There is something though, that I am looking forward to more.
                 No, I think 'looking forward to' is probably not the right phrase. It's more, well, I'm filled with anticipation, that is composed of morbid curiosity and a twisted sense of humour. I think that's about right. This thing has to do with boob aging.
                It's seems these days not only are women obsessed with keeping their boobs from pointing to the floor, but so are men. I think I will refrain from commenting on the latter, it's just too easy. The point is, it's quite natural. Gravity will bring us all down eventually. Boobs especially, they are just dead weight.
              The image I have created in my head is quite funny, possibly a little fantastic, but so be it. I picture with time what we used to think of as our 'fun bags' are going to start to deflate. Unlike a balloon however they still have the same mass. So, with the gravitational sag, they will inevitably get thinner as well. Thinner and thinner, longer and longer, but at the bottom all the weight will come together. Hence the title. What used to be our beautiful melons are now our wrinkly saggy breasts, that now resemble clumps of wet sand in a pair of socks. It's not at all right. Yet I find it really funny.
             That was really the main bit I needed to get off my chest. So as I wait for all this, I sit and enjoy the little aging signs. I have some white hairs sprouting here and there. I might have to write an entire post about the facial hair that is now creating it's own scary world on my face and neck. But there will be a day when I will be able to say to myself:  "You finally got the SAG!!!"

This one is dedicated to a family member who chooses to remain nameless. SHE and I talked about this very subject the other day. She had one up on me (I am laughing right now actually), she thinks, we should all spin them around and dance! I thought they could become great cleaning objects- add socks, and you save money on a broom. Both good ideas! So this goes out to you, family member!!! You know who you are!!! (And I know I didn't tell the whole story...I just couldn't!!! heheheheh)


kimbersfrog

2 comments:

  1. This has left me with two questions....1) Given lack of true symmetry, does one boob get longer and thinner than the other? 2) To get your boobs to fit best in the bra, is it better to stuff them in like tissues or roll them like socks in a sock drawer? -- sasha from Boston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only speak personally.. I plan to roll them. I think they might seem perkier that way!!!!

    ReplyDelete